The Missouri Quality Outcomes were developed as a result of listening to people with disabilities, their families, and advocates. The outcomes were designed to encourage personal quality of life outcomes with individual focus on leading a self-determined life; including personal values, choice, health, safety, inclusion, and self-advocacy.
The Missouri Quality Outcomes are intended to be a guide to assist the user with facilitating discussion around key areas of importance to the individual and supporting their personal goals, dreams, and other areas of interest to the individual that defines quality of life. Improving quality requires continuous efforts on getting to know the person in the settings and situations where they are supported, as well as, consistent interaction and involvement with the individual and their support systems for on-going assessment of their quality of life.
The Missouri Quality Outcomes will be measured through annual data collection by the Division of Developmental Disabilities. Based on the data, the Division of Developmental Disabilities will address areas of enhancements to services and supports through policies and practices, with the goal of providing continuous improvement for people with developmental disabilities.
- People participate in meaningful daily activities of their choice.
- People live in communities they choose, with whom they choose and in homes and environments designated to meet their needs.
- People are active members of their communities while determining valued roles and relationships through self-determination.
- People are able to choose health/mental health resources and are supported in making informed decisions regarding their health and well-being.
- People are educated about their rights and practice strategies to promote their safety and security.
- People have opportunities to advocate for themselves, others and causes they believe in, including personal goals and dreams.
- Families are provided with knowledge that empowers them to facilitate opportunities for the individual’s self-determination throughout the course of his or her life.
I have reviewed the above Quality Outcomes for the state of Missouri during Orientation and/or 1-on-1 with a supervisor who is trained and knowledgeable of said outcomes. I understand the material and am ready to apply this knowledge to my work with clients.